Nick Hunt, Mountain Guide, RMI Expeditions
People climb for many reasons. For Nick, it’s all about the knots. Having always enjoyed backpacking, it wasn’t until he discovered a sport where knots were used that Nick’s journey as a mountaineer began. Now years later, he has taken those knot-tying abilities to a whole new level, scaling many of the highest peaks in the Olympics and Cascades, both on rock and ice.
After receiving his Masters in Computer Science from the University of Washington, Nick decided to take a break from the rigors of a PhD to explore his passion for climbing full time. The move to being a mountain guide was a logical choice for him, as he now combines his joy of teaching with his love of the climb.
- 13+ ascents of Mt. Rainier (14,410')
- Pico de Orizaba, Mexico (18,490')
- Mt. Olympus, Washington (7,829')
- Mt. Baker, Washington (10,778')
- Various alpine peaks in Washington
- Rock climbing in Washington, Utah and California
- Ice/mixed climbing in Cascades
- Wilderness First Responder
- AIARE Avalanche Level I
- Leave No Trace Trainer
Back to Guide List