Pete Van Deventer, Mountain Guide, RMI Expeditions
Pete is a senior guide with RMI. He began guiding for RMI Expeditions in 2008, and guides full seasons in Alaska, Washington, and internationally. Pete lives in Aspen, Colorado, where he guides, teaches avalanche courses, and is a ski instructor.
He grew up at the base of Mt. Mansfield in Vermont. A competitive nordic skier, Pete has spent much of the rest of his time hiking, climbing, and backcountry skiing through the Green and White Mountains of Vermont and New Hampshire. He has traveled throughout Europe, while living in Norway and France.
Pete graduated Dartmouth College with a degree in Environmental Studies.
- 55+ ascents of Mt. Rainier via 5 routes
- 5 expeditions to Mt. McKinley
- 4 expeditions to Aconcagua, Argentina
- 1 expedition to the Northside of Mt. Elbrus, Russia
- Backcountry ski descents in Colorado, Utah, Norway, the Green Mountains, and the White Mountains
- Rock climbs over the Western US, New England, and Norway
- Wilderness First Responder
- Canadian Avalanche Association Level I
- AAIRE Avalanche Level II
- AMGA Ski Guide Course
- AIARE Level I Avalanche Instructor
- American Avalanche Association professional member
- PSIA Level 2 Certified
Back to Guide List