Pete Van Deventer, Mountain Guide, RMI Expeditions
Pete is a senior guide with RMI. He grew up at the base of Mt. Mansfield in Vermont. A competitive Nordic skier, Pete has spent much of the rest of his time hiking, climbing, and backcountry skiing through the Green and White Mountains of Vermont and New Hampshire. He has traveled throughout Europe, while living in Norway and France.
Pete began guiding for Rainier Mountaineering in 2008. He guides full seasons in Alaska, Washington, and internationally. Pete lives in Aspen, Colorado, where he guides, teaches avalanche courses, and is a ski instructor.
Pete graduated Dartmouth College with a degree in Environmental Studies.
- 40+ ascents of Mt. Rainier
- 4 expeditions to Mt. McKinley
- 3 expeditions to Aconcagua, Argentina
- Backcountry ski descents in the Green Mountains, White Mountains, Colorado, and Norway
- Rock climbing around New England, Colorado, Washington and Norway
- Wilderness First Responder
- Canadian Avalanche Association Level I
- AAIRE Avalanche Level II
- AMGA Ski Guide Course
- AIARE Level I Avalanche Instructor
- American Avalanche Association professional member
Back to Guide List