Chase Nelson, Mountain Guide, RMI Expeditions
Chase began a life in the outdoors at a very early age, spending time backpacking, hunting and fly fishing with his family in Washington. His love of the mountains brought him into climbing, which has since become a driving force in his life. Chase graduated with a degree in Biology from the University of Idaho, but took any chance he had to escape to the mountains. He enjoys all disciplines of climbing and has a passion for teaching others, which has led him to guiding for RMI.
- 25+ ascents of Mount Rainier via the Disappointment Cleaver, Emmons Glacier, and the Kautz Glacier
- Mount McKinley summit via the West Buttress
- Moose's Tooth via the Ham and Eggs Couloir
- Traverse of the Liberty Group (Liberty Bell, Concord Tower, Lexington Tower, North Early Winters Spire, South Early Winters Spire) in a day
- The Long’s Peak Diamond, Colorado
- North Face of Mount Hood
- Ancient Art on Fisher Towers, Utah
- Chimney Rock, ID
- Numerous peaks in the North Cascades and Stuart Range
- Rock and ice climbing throughout the western U.S.
- Wilderness First Responder
- American Avalanche Association Level 1
- Leave No Trace Trainer
Back to Guide List